19 May 2008

Family Dynamics cover #1

Heya, gang. :)

Welp I guess I can let the cat out of the bag.
I know some of you were asking if I'd do more comic work, and the answer is yes. :) I was recently asked by my buddy J.Torres to come aboard to do the covers for an absolutely amazing book called Family Dynamics.

I'm a little rusty with the covers, so I did 3 layouts to try and make the cover interesting, while keeping in mind to leave space for the text.



The writing, and the interiors is just stunning. Tim Levins is doing an outstanding job.

Here's a brief rundown to give you a better idea:

Written by J. Torres; Art by Tim Levins and Dan Davis; Cover by Sean Galloway

Pyralis! Sirocco! Troylus! Terran! This is The Family Dynamic, defenders of Storm City who use their mystical Elemental Rings to battle the forces of evil. But what happens when members of their extended family want in on the superhero action? They say the family that plays together stays together – but does that count when they're playing the good guys? Find out in this exciting new 6-issue miniseries by writer J. Torres (WONDER GIRL) and artist Tim Levins (BATMAN: GOTHAM ADVENTURES).

Johnny DC | 32pg. | Color | $2.25 US

On Sale August 27, 2008




hope y'all digs,and that it holds you over until my Bastion's 7 book comes out soon!

22 comments:

Juan Manuel Reggi said...

Espectacular todo tu trabajo. Saludos.

Urban Barbarian said...

That knee on the green character is pure genius. I know it's odd to mention but things like that really set you apart. It reminds me of classic Rob Haynes. He would draw iconic shapes to personify anatomy in an un-orthodox way. You have that gift too. Maximizing limited color with limited line and the result is always above and beyond!!!

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKSSSSS!!!!

Sean Galloway said...

Thank you, Juan and Dan!

Dan, you hit it right on the mark. Rob has a style that makes people drool, and want to learn how to make each line count. He, and Kaare Andrews were my top eyecandy for line work.

Fabio D'Auria said...

Wow... Really great style!

Alex Deligiannis said...

What up man, thanks for the comment on my blog. Very dope cover, drool-worthy as usual!

Henrique Oli said...

Heyyy!
Im really like your jobs.
Spiderman and bla bla bla...


Good Luck
Please add me
http://holi-sketch.blogspot.com

Angel with a crooked halo said...

I was sooooo stoked when I saw that on Newsarama! Your cover kicks a@#$% and I love J. Torres! WIN WIN!! Congrats!

Marcelo Braga said...

GREAT, as always. Seems like you're evolving your style at every post. I'm gonna keep wathcing!

Cheers!

Paul Lacolley said...

so good sean!!!! love this stuff! great composition...

Laura Shirl Putrino said...

that's awesome!!!
i love it!!!
:-)

Jim Mehsling said...

Great Work. Always a treat to see your structures/roughs!! Those are as inspiring as the finished piece a lot of the time.

Emissary said...

DUDE LOVE!! LOVE!!LOVE!! YOUR STUFF!!!!!!

Adam Ford said...

Love you stuff man.

Rohit Iyer said...

It's really cool to see your rough layouts. And you did pick the best one.

Great stuff!

Brian said...

I'm a big fan of both Torres and Levins and was really looking forward to this book already, but your cover will be the cherry on top.

COMIKXGUY said...

totally ageee with mr. barbarian

you effin' rule cheeks!!!

and haynes and andrews rokx!

Unknown said...

Nice work again!!!

Marcelo Vignali said...

I hadn't been blogging much. Wow, this stuff looks great!

Ramsés Meléndez said...

Fantastic character design and colors!

cheers!

Ramsés Meléndez said...

cool style and colors!

ANDY KUHN said...

BROOTIFULL!!!

Angel with a crooked halo said...

DUDE!!! Just saw the cover to issue 2 at Newsarama- and all I can keep saying is- if there was anything i was more pumped for than a j. torres story- it's you doing covers!!! keep it up- i am so stoked!