11 April 2007

Phew! Guess Wot?!

Ok, folks! The hardback sketchbooks are finally in my possession as of 12:45pm today. All of us that published our books through Brand Studios apologize for the hold up we had with our books in customs. So far I have carried up one palatte up to my apartment, and taking a breather, and will start bringing up the the other palatte. But I thought I owe it to you all to say they are here, and will be sent out tomorrow without further delay.

I do appreciate all of you being patient, and I promise that the wait will be worth it because I am inserting a couple of surprises in each book because I luff y'all that much! :P

I'll update the journal later today once I have brought all the books in. There will be photos to ease your minds. :highfive:

I'm dedicating tomorrow and Friday to mail out all the books.

*******UPDATE********

Here are the pics as promised as well as extra footage.

The 1st pic is of the books I hauled up myself. Talk about exhaustion after 37 boxes.



Here are my boys that helped make all this possible. hehe Well one of them... the other was too shy to get it's picture taken... it kept muttering it was too puny or somethin'..



Here's Andy He called up after the first palette was done, and I tricked him in helping out with the 2nd palette! I be the evil. Thanx, Andy-san!



Here's what the living room looks like with all the books in the apartment.


And while I'm on here, I wanna let you all know the Seattle Emerald City Con was AMAZING. Thank you to Jim Demonakos for having me up there as a guest. I be back next year for sure. Thank you to Olga and Emily for showing me the city. Seattle is gorgeous. I had a ton of fun hanging out with other artists there, and I had the pleasure of sitting next to Phil Hester, and Andy Kuhn. Andy Kuhn and I shared a room, but with DIFFERENT beds! haha I still deny to this day that I was talking in my sleep, Andy.

The books are doing better than I thought. I had another sell out with the hardbacks at the Emerald City Con. I had 100 copies advanced to me for the convention, and was scurred I was gonna have to pay a grip to have them shipped back to San Diego.


I know I haven't posted of late, but it's due to some intense deadlines, but if all goes well then I'll be able to post a bit more often. Thank you all for stopping by to see how I've been doing! Hope all is well with you all, too.



There are more books available if anyone is interested.

Shipping varies, so please go to this link to see which cost of shipping appeals to you, at this link http://www.usps.com/rates/media-mail-rates.htm

When making payment to my paypal please write in detail the shipping your requesting the books to be delivered.

________________________________________________________________________
INFO ABOUT THE BOOKS

They both have 48 pages, and they are landscaped 12.5x 8.5. Please make all payment to my paypal account cheeks_1974a@hotmail.com

Just to give you an idea what's in each book.... Both have the same cover but with a no.1 and a no.2 and different back covers to differentiate
them, too.

Vol.1 has more of my fun pin-up stuff, and my Bastion's 7 work(s) in it, and a forward by my good bud Alberto Ruiz.


Vol.2 has designs designs designs, and work related work in it.
And it also has 50 some odd never seen designs. ******

24 comments:

Dennis DeMercer said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so excited!

Aw man... I peed again...

Process Junkie said...

Good God! I'm so happy, I'm getting drunk tonite!!!!
Wooohooo!!

Those cheeks should be real tight now after all that lifting! :p

COMIKXGUY said...

:) :highfive:

derick brooks said...

dude, thats ALOT of books, good god. Props for the fact that you'll probably sell every last one of them too. dope style, always tight work, keep it up.

IamOSI said...

man them books look freakin sweet! looking forward to checking em out. just got my delivery in today too, but i cant imagine having to deal with two palletes of boxes tho.

Neil Hill said...

It was great meeting you at Emerald Con Sean, and getting to purchase one of your sketchbooks. Speaking of, your sketchbooks seemed to be selling extremely well! I couldn't be happier for you. You do good work sir.

Tracy said...

Cool! I can't wait! Glad to know you're still around!

Eric Desideriu said...

Great, I can´t wait to hold those books in my hands. That was for sure a good Gymsession, to carry all that stuff:D

Meetch said...

Oh man Cheeks! Congrats. Can't wait to see them. You must be jumping up and down like a little school girl or a dinosaur on a pogo stick. either/or.

M!

Kei Acedera said...

wow thats a ton of books Sean! Congrats on your success! Show them guns! lol

ps.I really enjoy the book :P

Unknown said...

hey sean, congrats dude! let me know whenever you want to setup a book signing event or so at my school. i'm sure it'll do well. glad you didnt call me to help you bring the books up tho! haha.

AfroCrew said...

I Still want to order one of your book! I will be so pleased to own one with a dedication!
But i don't really know how the paypal stuff is working! (sorry for that i am french... lol)

So please write me at lao62@hotmail.com or like me an adresse to filed my order somewhere!

i am really impatien to receive it!!
By Tcho!

Yeah Baby

Anonymous said...

2cDZTF Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

Anonymous said...

DavkkK Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

aakKea Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.